Walchand College of Engineering is situated midway between Sangli and Miraj cities at Vishrambaug, Sangli. The WCE campus is located on nearly 102.50 acres of land on the southern side of Sangli – Miraj road.
In 1947, college made a modest beginning with Civil Engineering undergraduate course. (B.E. Civil), with an intake capacity of 60. Subsequently undergraduate courses in electrical and mechanical engineering, B.E.(Elec) and B.E.(Mech), with intake capacity of 60 each were introduced during the years 1950 and 1951
PG courses in Civil, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering and diploma course in Industrial Electronics were introduced in 1971. In 1986 the UG and PG courses in Electronics Engineering and UG course in Computer Science and Engineering were introduced.
PG course in CSE was introduced in 1997. In 2001, added B.E. course in Information Technology with an intake of 60 students. An additional intake of 30 students was also sanctioned for Computer Science & Engineering course, resulting in total intake of 390 students for all branches at UG level and 106 at PG level.